This course includes
Successful firms of the future will likely be those that can adapt quickly, move fast, learn rapidly and embrace dynamic customer demands. IT functions of these firms respond to the business expectation of agility by eg implementing agile software development methodologies and changing their working style to DevOps, for example. To help you remain relevant and cope with the challenges, these will be learning goals of this training:
- Understand new concepts such as Agile, DevOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines, automated infra delivery ecosystem, Cloud
- Understand the skillset/capabilities required for assurance professionals to develop for the future
- Recognize the potential adjustments required to IT risk and control frameworks in order to accommodate the implementation of DevOps and agile way of working
- Be motivated to learn the capabilities required for IT risk agility and apply them into the daily practice
This training is for:
- IT risk and/or IT security professionals
- IT auditors
- Software engineers who would like to build IT risk management skills and/or demonstrate that the IT risks are managed effectively
Laurens Jan Terwee is a senior associate with experience as both an IT auditor and IT risk consultant. Laurens Jan focusses on technology and the impact of DevOps on internal control frameworks.
"As processes and controls are being automated we increase consistency, reliability and scalability; however, we also increase the complexity. Data-driven insights are key to staying in control in an ever-evolving IT landscape."
Seda Foppen is a director with 17 years of experience in IT risk governance, IT regulations & compliance, IT internal control frameworks and transformation of the assurance functions (in particular IT risk & IT audit).
“PwC plays an important role as an external auditor and advisor in IT audit space in how we look at IT controls automation and compliance vs digital IT transformation, important influencial party.”