How do you stand in your digital transformation?
- Digital maturity baseline measurement and roadmap: based on our unique D.quarks model for digital businesses, we perform a baseline measurement of your digital skills to clarify where you currently stand in relation to your digital ambitions. We join with your to list the themes that you will continue to work on so as to achieve those ambitions. This leads to an action-oriented roadmap for the development of capabilities (process, technology, culture, and organisation).
- The impact of emerging technology on your business: what impact will developments such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, cloud, virtual and augmented reality, and low-code platforms (such as Mendix, Outsystems, and BettyBlocks) have on your business? And above all, what opportunities do they offer you? We also include familiar software solutions such as Workday, Salesforce, Sap4hana, Tagetik and Oracle, parties with whom we have tech alliances.
- Culture and behaviour: are your employees sufficiently capable of dealing in an “agile” manner with new systems and technology (‘digital fitness’) and does your current corporate culture fit in with new digital business models and the business operations that go with them?
- Business model exploration and market validation: by means of short-cycle innovation sprints, we investigate the possibilities of new business models and validate them in the market by developing fast prototypes. Our PwC Experience Centre brings together designers, app developers, digital marketers, and many other disciplines to support you in this. In doing so, we make use of methods such as Design Thinking and Lean Startup.
- Innovation project portfolio: based on our tried-and-tested innovation valuation method, we perform an assessment to determine whether and how your investments in innovation contribute to your strategy, and how you can maximise the risk/return rate of those investments in your digital future.
The progress and quality of your change projects
From an independent perspective and taking account of the interests of all your stakeholders, we work with you to ensure that your actions lead to the intended end result and that you can ‘go live’ with confidence.
- Effective project organisation: based on our knowledge and expertise, we set up a project in which the responsibilities are properly allocated, you maintain an overview, and you are in a good position to manage things.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control: working from the perspective of Quality Assurance or Quality Control, we contribute to the provision of reliable information about the status and quality of the project and the risks to be mitigated (for example the architecture of the internal control measures or data migration) so that you can make effective decisions in the steering committee on that basis.
- Interim investigations: we carry out risk-based, in-depth investigations (‘deep dives’) of the quality of the deliverables. Do they meet the requirements and expectations? Are there any problems that still need to be solved? Do you need to make adjustments in certain areas?
- Health checks: we work with you to keep track of things by monitoring the status and progress of the work in each workflow and each sub-project team. We identify any latent problems that may lead to major losses if they aren’t tackled in good time.
- Programme and project recovery: are you already in the midst of a transformation but aren’t sure whether you are on the right track? Are there any problems or unexpected consequences? Do you have any doubts about the responses of customers or other stakeholders such as regulators? Then we can work with you, from an outside-in perspective, to get your transformation back on track.
From the project to the workplace
The conclusion of every change process is the transition from the project organisation to the line organisation. You want to make sure there’s a ‘soft landing’ in the workplace, so that everything continues to work properly, business continues, and you actually reap the benefits of your transformation project.
We can help with:
- Preparations for the transition from the project organisation to the workplace, for example by involving end-users in various phases of the project.
- Knowledge transfer from project team members to the line, so the latter is also ready for advancing development of the transformation that the project team has set in motion.
- Adapting your internal controls (security, data integrity, privacy) to new systems and working methods (‘In Control’ and ‘Secure by Design’).
- Identifying the lessons learned from the project that can make a positive contribution to the further development and implementation of the business activities by the line organisation after the project has terminated.