Click here for the Dutch version (Nederlandse versie)
PwC has been supporting many (chemical) multinationals with their REACH challenges. But also niche players and companies without a European presence have been supported with securing their license to operate on the European market. Over these years, our REACH experts have gained a wealth of expertise in this area and developed specific REACH services.
Consortium & SIEF program management:
We perform several activities for the program management, SIEF administration, study & dossier valuation and financial management of among others:
- Epoxy Resins REACH consortium (65 SIEFs)
- Eurochlor consortia
- Aluminium & Iron Salts consortium
- Industrial Products company (30 SIEFs)
- Fragrances & Flavors company (100 SIEFs)
We deliver REACH compliance services and tools:
- PwC supported the internal auditors of a performance products company to assess REACH readiness. The client implemented KPI’s and progress monitoring, to manage business continuity risks.
- In cooperation with a global chemicals company PwC designed the OR Trustee model, a solution to cover indirect imports for Only Representatives.
- PwC advised an international manufacturer of vehicles on how to adequately manage requirements resulting from the REACH Regulation. As a result, a worldwide policy has been formulated and the companies’ business processes have been adjusted.
Management & Tax Consulting:
We offer management consulting services:
- PwC assessed the socio-economic impact of REACH for a European association.
- PwC improved the administration of a chemical multinational, to identify REACH related costs that can be allocated to consortia/SIEFs.
- We did a REACH status review for a large Chinese chemical company.
- PwC carried out a Tax assessment for a large US based chemical company.
PwC has been commissioned by the European Commission to conduct a Review of the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA). In the review PwC assesses ECHA’s efficiency, effectiveness and economy in building up its capacities and in managing its operations as well as assessing its role and added value, its acceptability and location.