In coorporation with the Energy Delta Institute, the Academy offers the Course Finance, Risk and the Energy Value Chain.
Aim of the course
The energy industry faces tremendous challenges. Energy demand patterns are accelerating, while the traditional energy sources are becoming scarcer. The world is looking for innovative energy sources and for new energy supply structures. Big investment decisions will determine positions for the longer run, and have to be taken against the background of a multitude of uncertainties. These developments demand top performance of the finance professionals.
This five-day course helps energy professionals to enhance their understanding of the energy value chain and the impacts of risk:
- Economics – why is the energy value chain what it is, how can external risks be identified, understand thing market dynamics, appropriate forecasting methods;
- Valuation – what are crucial value drivers, how to measure value, what are the value-implications of risks;
- Finance and Treasury – what is the optimal financial structure of the company, how should the companies’ activities be financed given the risk profiles, how can financial positions be managed optimally?
- Transactions – how are decisions to expand, contract or reorient along the value chain developed, how are targets identified, how does the process of developing and closing a deal work;
- Due Diligence and Post Merger – how can the internal risks associated to an asset deal or an investment be identified, how can the success of the deal be safeguarded;
At whom is the Finance, Risk and the Energy Value Chain course targeted? You are a finance professional with 3-8 years of working experience and a master level in finance, economics, business administration, or comparable. Your work is closely linked with the energy industry. The programme is especially interesting for controllers, internal accountants or persons working within the financial or strategy departments. You want to deepen your understanding of the energy value chain which will enable you to gain a better understanding of you own companies’ specifics, risks and strategic options.
The programme structure
Which topics are addressed during this course? This 5-day intensive course consists of a theoretical part and a practical part. The morning session of each day will be spend exchanging the necessary knowledge on the topic of the day and the lessons learned will be applied in a case, including Real Options. Participants will be trained to quantify the options and margins surrounding risks and the financial value implications that go along with it.
Each day will be closed with a dinner session where the participants will be asked to present their results of the day to a high level player from the field.
The educational partners
Which experts do you get a chance to exchange views with during this course? Key Lecturer/programme director is Prof. Dr. Jan Willem Velthuijsen (Rijksuniversiteit Groningen and partner at PwC) and he will be supported by lecturers and moderators from PwC and other segments of the industry, who are experienced in post-academic executive training and will guarantee a high quality and varied programme.
Investment and useful information
19 – 23 May 2014
The course will take place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
€4.950,-. Literature, hotel and travel costs and VAT are excluded.
PE hours Accountants
The training courses of the Academy meet the requirements for Permanent Education of the NBA. By completing this training, accountants (AA’s en RA’s) receive 34 PE hours. The certificate of attendance will be provided 4 weeks after the training.
By completing this training, registered controllers receive 34 PE points. The certificate of attendance will be provided 4 weeks after the training.
To register for this course, please fill in the application form and send it back to the Energy Delta Institute by fax or email.
Download your application form here and send it back to the Energy Delta Institute.