Why is it important to be in compliance?
Dutch GAAP is complex. It is based on legislation from the European Union but there is also strong influence from IFRSs. Dutch GAAP offers many options and is often principles based. At the same time it is sometimes very strict. Not applying the rules or misinterpreting the rules could easily lead to non - compliance. And non - compliance could give rise to severe penalties and annoying restatements.
Hugo van den Ende, partner of PwC, and former member of the Dutch Accounting Standards Board, will not only share with you the basic do’s and dont’s of Dutch GAAP, but also will discuss the most common pitfalls. For this he will use his extended experience in practice for almost 25 years. He is also well-known in Brussels (as a member of the EFRAG SME Working Group) and London (as a member of the IASB SME Implementation Group) which gives him a valuable insight regarding new developments in financial reporting. Mr. van den Ende is certified auditor and partner of the Dutch National Office of PwC.
Dependent on your preferences we are able to offer a program with the following topics:
- Introduction: key principles of Dutch GAAP including requirements repreparation and filing (and several relevant terms); an introduction to the Dutch Civil Code
- Balance sheet and profit and loss account: intangibles, property plant and equipment, provisions, group accounting including consolidation, financial instruments (high level), revenue recognition, equity
- Special topics: related parties, impairment principles, cash flow statement, corporate income taxes, a comparison Dutch GAAP and IFRS, pension accounting
- Case studies: impairment calculation using the value in use; foreign currency translations; exercise financial statements 201x
- Disclosure requirements: introduction with support of illustrative financial statements; specific requirements for small holding companies
As we want to off er a training that is fully in line with your wishes and specifi c circumstances you are invited to set up your own program. However, we recommend to include at least one case study per day in order to make the training interactive.
In case you prefer a topic that is not in the above list, we are happy to investigate whether we could add this to the program.
Date, time and location
This training is normally offered as inhouse training. It will take place at your own premises which prevents travelling for your staff. The time of the training depends on your own wishes, we can develop a program that varies between 1 day and 3 days. We often off er a 2 - days program which should be sufficient to have a good basis knowledge for the participants. We do expect participants who have a financial background and some knowledge or experience in accounting and reporting. The training will be given in English (or, at your request, in Dutch). The materials are also in English.
This training is meant for shared service centres of multinationals as well as for all other international corporates and organisations that need to comply with Dutch GAAP statutory requirements.
The fee for the training depends on the number of days for running the training and whether we need to develop additional tailor made presentations. We are happy to discuss this further with you on an individual basis.
If you would like to receive more information about this inhouse training or would like to discuss with us the inhouse training possibilities, please click the button below. We will contact you on a short notice.